3 Week Sugar Reset
Break up with sugar. For real this time.
We all know we shouldn't eat so much sugar.
We all know about the link between sugar and inflammation and the slew of chronic diseases caused by overconsumption of sugar.
But how do we make lasting changes? How do we shift long-held habits?
Rather than focusing on weight loss and attaining the perfect body (your body is already perfect), it is helpful to understand all the myriad ways in which the sugar controls our lives. It's not just about physical health: it's about being safe in the world, feeling comfortable, processing stress, and living in a way that feels really alive.
The 3 Week Sugar Reset.
The Reset uses Diane Sanfilippo's 21-Day Sugar Detox and Cookbook as a starting point, upon which we have built more herbal and nutritional resources and education. For the Reset you will eat real, whole, nutrient dense foods to stay satisfied and nourished while you shift carb cravings, balance blood sugar, and develop new food habits. There are tons of reasons to balance blood sugar, but most of the important ones for me have to do with how much better I felt in my feelings. (You can read more about that here). Other awesome things that happen by balancing blood sugar include:
- better sleep
- hormone balancing
- clearer skin
- less bloating
- even energy levels throughout the day
- improved mood and resilience
- maybe the most important: being able to run your own life instead of feeling controlled by sugar!
As a Certified Clinical Nutritionist and herbalist, I'm here to help you through the process.
'Cause changing food habits is hard, and sometimes painful, and often scary. But it doesn't have to be.
Join the next RESET
We will have four in person group sessions, including one session to help you prep for success
- Dates & times to be announced
What else will you get?
- Support that’s individualized for YOU and YOUR needs. Cause let’s be real: we are all different and our bodies are different, too.
- Clinical nutritional know.how
- Herbal tidbits to help improve and support digestion
- Daily interaction and support (emails & texts–I’ve got you!)
- Private Facebook group: for questions, support, and to connect with your fellow RESET-ers
Working with a group provides:
- A built in support.network and community of folks with whom to share your journey!
- An opportunity to learn from and with your fellow detox-ers
The Reset IS:
A real, nutrient-dense food based program that eliminates sugar and sugar cravings, so that you have the emotional energy to deal with everything else.
The Reset is NOT:
- A diet
- A weight-loss program
- A creepy program that requires counting points, calories, weighing food, etc.
- A body-shaming agenda
I have a very low tolerance for gimmicks and my life philosophy is totally DIY...except for the sugar beast, which I've never managed to fully handle on my own. When I finally faced the fact that I had a sugar problem (but let's be real--who doesn't?) and wanted to do something about it, I didn't know where to start.
I needed guidelines and rules, but felt unable to come up with all of that while also coping with the deep emotions and patterns that sometimes come up for me around food and nourishment. It was too much.
I needed structure and a system and for someone to tell me EXACTLY what to do.
Diane Sanfilippo and the 21 Day Sugar Detox were my answer. We follow the guidelines for Diane's 21-Day Sugar Detox as they're laid out in her books (which you should totally buy because they're awesome, as well as being the basis for our program).
The RESET might be the answer for you if any of this feel
- carb and sugar cravings that are out of control
- energy levels that yo-yo all day long: spikes of energy, followed by plummeting desperation, misery, wide-eyed panic
- afternoon energy slumps--that thing that happens around 3pm and you want a nap, a coffee, and a bar of chocolate ALL AT THE SAME TIME...
- mood changes like feeling HANGRY or otherwise irritable, pouty, a lil' extra sensitive or defensive (please note: this has never happened to me ;-)
- feeling foggy, mentally dull, constantly trying to remember where you left off or which several things you were trying to remember until you remembered to write them down...
- not-good-enough sleep: either not being able to fall asleep, sleeping fitfully, or that miserable thing that happens when you sleep all night but are still totally exhausted when you get up in the morning
- a deep sense of exhaustion when you think of all the one-size-fits-all diets you've done before and their calorie counting, unsatisfying and bland self-deprivation
Diane's 21-Day Sugar Detox book includes:
- A list of all the foods to eat more of and all the foods that you'll eliminate through the next 21 days
- 3 different levels that make it easy to opt-in from where you are right now, depending on what kinds of foods you are already eating
- Modifications for athletes, nursing and pregnant mammas, pescatarians, and folks working with auto-immunity
The program DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- supplements, powders, or extra fancy exclusive stuff to buy
- mandatory smoothies or meal replacement (there are some tasty smoothie recipes included in the books, cause why not?)
- foods that aren't available at yer regular grocery store (there are some recommended substitutes for some things that are a no-go on the detox that might be available only at a natural foods store, but for the most part, we're just talking about food here!)